What Does Lauering The Bar Mean?
The term lauering the bar is a slang term that refers to the lowering of standards. It originated from the criticism of Matt Lauer’s moderation during the Commander-In-Chief Forum featuring Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in 2016. The term gained popularity on Twitter as a hashtag the following morning. It is often used to criticize unfairness or perceived bias in questioning or expectations. Here are some examples of how to use lauering the bar in conversation:
- “It’s not fair, Mr. Johnson was lauering the bar for you while he asked me really difficult questions. In Spanish!”
- “I can’t believe they’re lauering the bar for this project. The expectations are so low!”
- “The teacher is definitely lauering the bar with this assignment. It’s way too easy.”
- “I thought the interview was going to be challenging, but they were lauering the bar. It was a breeze.”
- “The company is lauering the bar for new hires. They’re only looking for basic qualifications.”
It’s important to note that lauering the bar does not have a sexual connotation. It is simply a slang term used to describe the lowering of standards or expectations. It is not a typo or typing mistake, but rather a play on words based on Matt Lauer’s name.
What Does Lauering The Bar Mean From a Girl?
When a girl uses the term lauering the bar, she is most likely using it in the same way as everyone else. It is a slang term that refers to the lowering of standards or expectations. Girls may use it to criticize unfairness or perceived bias in questioning or expectations, just like guys.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Specific meaning from a girl: Girls may use the term lauering the bar to express their frustration or disappointment with lowered standards or expectations.
- How girls use it: Girls may use lauering the bar in conversations with their friends or on social media platforms like Twitter to comment on unfairness or bias.
- How to reply: If someone uses lauering the bar in a conversation with you, you can acknowledge their frustration or disappointment and offer support or empathy.
It’s important to note that lauering the bar does not have a specific meaning from a girl. Girls use it similarly to everyone else, expressing their thoughts and opinions on lowered standards or expectations. So if a girl uses lauering the bar in a conversation with you, don’t be surprised! Just understand that she’s expressing her frustration or disappointment with something.
- Girl A: Ugh, did you see the new dress code at school? They’re totally lauering the bar!
- Girl B: I know, right? It’s so unfair. We should be able to express ourselves without all these restrictions.
- Girl A: Did you hear about the new hiring policy at work? They’re definitely lauering the bar.
- Girl B: Yeah, it’s frustrating. They should be focusing on qualifications and skills, not arbitrary standards.
- Girl A: I can’t believe they’re lowering the bar for college admissions. It’s not fair to those who worked hard.
- Girl B: I completely agree. It undermines the value of hard work and achievement.
- Girl A: The expectations for women in the workplace are so low. It’s like they’re lauering the bar on purpose.
- Girl B: It’s frustrating how society still has these biased expectations. We should be judged on our abilities, not our gender.
- Girl A: Did you see that movie? The plot was so predictable, they really lauered the bar.
- Girl B: Yeah, it’s disappointing when movies don’t live up to our expectations. We deserve better storytelling.
What Does Lauering The Bar Mean From a Guy?
When a guy uses the term lauering the bar, it could imply different things. It could signify a compliment to a girl’s appearance or a way of appreciating her exceptional ability. Alternatively, it could be a flirty hint that he likes her.
Here are some possible reasons why a guy might use “lauering the bar” towards a girl:
- He admires her appearance. If a guy says “lauering the bar” to a girl, it could be a compliment directed towards her appearance. He might use this phrase when she’s donning a new outfit, hair, or makeup look, or when she looks particularly attractive.
- He acknowledges her accomplishments. A guy might use “lauering the bar” to recognize the girl’s impressive achievements, such as giving an amazing work presentation or winning a challenging sports event.
- He is flirting with her. At times, a guy might use “lauering the bar” as a playful way of flirting with the girl. He may compliment her in a fun or flirtatious manner.
- He is hinting that he likes her. If a guy uses “lauering the bar” frequently, it could be his way of subtly hinting that he likes her. He may do this to grab her attention or show his interest in her.
If a guy said it to you and you’re trying to figure out what he meant, here are a couple of things to consider: * Consider the context of the conversation. Did he say it in response to something you said or did? Was it sent out of the blue? * Think about the relationship you have with this guy. Are you friends, dating, or in a relationship? * Pay attention to his body language and tone of voice. Does he seem serious, playful, or sarcastic?
Of course, it is entirely possible that he is using “lauering the bar” casually without intending it in any specific way. If you’re still unsure, just ask him what’s up and what he means when he says “lauering the bar.” You can always ask for clarification to avoid any miscommunication.
- Guy 1: Dude, did you see that girl’s outfit? She’s really lauering the bar with her fashion sense.
- Guy 2: Yeah, she always looks amazing. She definitely knows how to stand out.
- Guy 1: I just watched Sarah’s dance performance. She was incredible!
- Guy 2: Totally agree! She’s always lauering the bar with her talent. Such a great dancer.
- Guy 1: Check out this girl’s artwork. It’s mind-blowing!
- Guy 2: Wow, she’s really lauering the bar with her creativity. Her talent is impressive.
- Guy 1: Did you hear about Emily’s academic achievements? She’s at the top of her class!
- Guy 2: That’s amazing! She’s definitely lauering the bar with her intelligence and hard work.
- Guy: I saw your cooking skills at the barbecue yesterday. You were killing it!
- Girl: Thanks! I love experimenting with new recipes.
- Guy: Well, you’re definitely lauering the bar in the kitchen. Your food is always delicious!
Origin of Lauering The Bar
The term “lauering the bar” originated from the criticism of Matt Lauer’s moderation during the Commander-In-Chief Forum featuring Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in 2016. It gained popularity on Twitter as a hashtag the following morning. The term is used to describe the lowering of standards or expectations. It is not a typo or derived word, but rather a play on words based on Matt Lauer’s name. The exact origins and etymology of the term are not clear beyond its association with the forum and subsequent social media use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Slangs similar to Lauering The Bar
Lowering the bar, diminishing expectations, lowering the standard, diluting the criteria, and easing the requirements are all similar to “lauering the bar” because they all describe the act of reducing or lowering standards, expectations, or criteria. These terms are used to express the idea of making something less strict or demanding.
Is Lauering The Bar A Bad Word?
No, “lauering the bar” is not a bad word or vulgar word. It is a term that refers to the lowering of standards, specifically in the context of criticizing Matt Lauer’s moderating during a political forum. It is not a commonly used slang term and does not have any offensive or vulgar connotations.
Is Lauering The Bar a Typo or Misspelling?
The term “lauering the bar” is a slang term that refers to the lowering of standards, particularly in the context of unfair questioning or expectations, and is not a misspelling or typo.