From “stoners” to “weed enthusiasts,” there’s a whole vocabulary dedicated to those who enjoy the green stuff. But have you ever wondered what other slang terms exist for potheads? Well, wonder no more! We’ve done the research and compiled a list of the top slang words for potheads that will have you giggling and nodding in agreement. So sit back, relax, and get ready to expand your knowledge of the language of the cannabis community.
Click above to generate some slangs
1. Ganja guru
A “ganja guru” is someone who is highly knowledgeable and experienced in the use of marijuana. They are often seen as authorities on different strains, methods of consumption, and the effects of marijuana.
- For example, a person might say, “If you have any questions about cannabis, ask the ganja guru over there.”
- In a discussion about marijuana legalization, someone might mention, “We need input from ganja gurus to shape the regulations.”
- A friend might introduce someone by saying, “Meet my friend, the ganja guru. They can give you some great tips on getting the most out of your weed.”
2. Bud aficionado
A “bud aficionado” is someone who has a deep passion for marijuana and its various forms. They appreciate the different strains, flavors, and effects of cannabis and may enjoy exploring new and unique products.
- For instance, someone might say, “I’m a bud aficionado, always on the lookout for the best quality buds.”
- In a conversation about marijuana edibles, a person might mention, “Bud aficionados love trying out new and innovative ways to consume cannabis.”
- A friend might ask, “Do you know any bud aficionados? I want to get some recommendations for strains to try.”
3. Mary Jane enthusiast
A “Mary Jane enthusiast” is someone who is passionate about using marijuana. The term “Mary Jane” is a common slang term for cannabis, and an enthusiast is someone who has a strong interest and enjoyment in using it.
- For example, a person might say, “I’ve been a Mary Jane enthusiast for years. It’s become a big part of my lifestyle.”
- In a discussion about different methods of consuming marijuana, someone might mention, “Mary Jane enthusiasts often have their preferred way of getting high.”
- A friend might say, “You’re a true Mary Jane enthusiast. You always have the best stash!”
4. Reefer addict
A “reefer addict” is a term used to describe someone who is heavily dependent on marijuana and uses it frequently. It implies a strong addiction or reliance on the drug.
- For instance, someone might say, “He’s a reefer addict. He can’t go a day without smoking.”
- In a conversation about the negative effects of marijuana, a person might mention, “Reefer addicts often struggle with memory and motivation.”
- A concerned friend might say, “I think he’s becoming a reefer addict. He’s been smoking non-stop for weeks.”
5. Joint lover
A “joint lover” is someone who has a strong passion for smoking marijuana, particularly in the form of a joint. They enjoy the ritual of rolling and smoking a joint and may have a preference for this method of consumption.
- For example, someone might say, “I’m a joint lover. There’s something satisfying about rolling up and sparking a joint.”
- In a discussion about different ways to consume marijuana, a person might mention, “Joint lovers appreciate the simplicity and tradition of smoking a joint.”
- A friend might ask, “Are you a joint lover? I need some tips on rolling the perfect joint.”
6. Mary Jane lover
– For example, “He’s a Mary Jane lover, always looking for the best strains.”
- A group of friends might joke, “We’re all Mary Jane lovers here, let’s light up.”
- In a conversation about favorite ways to consume cannabis, someone might say, “As a Mary Jane lover, I prefer edibles.”
7. Chronic user
– For instance, “He’s a chronic user, always smoking or vaping.”
- In a conversation about tolerance levels, someone might say, “I’ve been a chronic user for years, so it takes a lot to get me high.”
- A person discussing the benefits of cannabis might argue, “As a chronic user, I’ve found that it helps me manage my chronic pain.”
8. Reefer fan
– For example, “He’s a reefer fan, always talking about different strains and effects.”
- A group of friends might say, “We’re all reefer fans here, let’s have a smoke session.”
- In a conversation about legalization, someone might argue, “Reefer fans have been advocating for the benefits of cannabis for years.”
9. Grass connoisseur
– For instance, “He’s a grass connoisseur, always seeking out the best buds.”
- In a discussion about different strains, someone might say, “As a grass connoisseur, I love the unique flavors and effects of each strain.”
- A person discussing the growing industry might note, “Grass connoisseurs have fueled the demand for high-quality cannabis products.”
10. Joint enthusiast
– For example, “She’s a joint enthusiast, always rolling up and sharing with friends.”
- In a conversation about preferred methods of consumption, someone might say, “As a joint enthusiast, I love the ritual of rolling and smoking.”
- A person discussing the social aspect of smoking might argue, “Joint enthusiasts often gather in groups to share and pass around their joints.”
11. Hash lover
A hash lover is someone who has a particular fondness for hashish, which is made from the resin of the cannabis plant. Hashish is typically more potent than regular marijuana, and a hash lover may prefer the effects and flavors of hashish over other forms of cannabis.
- “He’s a real hash lover,“He’s a real hash lover, always seeking out the highest quality hash.”
- “I enjoy smoking weed,“I enjoy smoking weed, but I’m more of a hash lover myself.”
- “The hash lover community is growing as more people discover the unique properties of hashish.”